Anime Blog and Game Blog

Anime Blog and Game Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dantalian no Shoka Episode 1

Epic. Just epic.

5/5 Stars
Not gonna lie, but I saw the PVs for this series and walked away impressed the first time I took a glimpse at Dantalian no Shoka, episode one didn't change that. The very first episode left an amazing impression on me and certainly made me enthusiastic about it's forward journey into the summer season.

Here's a glimpse of what it's about. It's similar to Gosick in the way they lump a guy and girl together for some detective work, but no one is bloody over or underpowered this time. Both Huey and Dalian are about equal and persevere through the challenges of the Phantom books with sheer wits. That is fantastic. 

What this series really enticed me with is it's utmost attention to subtlety and detail. The character don't act stubbornly bombastic and retarded. They are smart, clever and think before they act. Plus this series doesn't go through the whole "I had powers this whole time, but I never used them before." bull honkey.

I recommend this as this has the potential to become one of the best animes of the year!

Dalian is pretty.....

No comments:

Post a Comment